Electrical or Senior Electrical Reliability Engineer
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Company: Central Arizona Project
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Starting Salary Range: $75,000 - $109,000
#902 Closes: 10/14/20
About the Pay
Note: The salary range listed ($75,000 - $109,000) reflects the TARGET HIRING RANGE only and does not represent the full pay range for this position.
Electrical Reliability Engineer: $75,000 - $93,000
Senior Electrical Reliability Engineer: $87,000 – $109,000
About Central Arizona Project
Central Arizona Project, a 336-mile system that brings Colorado River water to central and southern Arizona, delivers the state's single largest renewable water supply and serves 80% of the state's population.
We employ nearly 500 people who enjoy a team oriented and safety focused work culture. The close community of a small company is driven to help fulfill our extremely valuable mission. We offer highly competitive salaries and excellent benefits including membership in the Arizona State Retirement System, 401(k), medical, dental, vision and life insurance coverage, 4-10 work schedule, and significant investment in employee training and development. Employees are eligible for benefits on their first day of employment. CAP is truly a great place to work!
About the Department
The Maintenance Control Department provides reliability engineering expertise to Central Arizona Project (CAP) and is seeking an experienced Electrical or Senior Electrical Reliability Engineer to provide discipline expertise to CAP's asset management program.
About the Responsibilities
Working as an Electrical or Senior Electrical Engineer, you would be exposed to a wide variety of equipment and technical challenges. This may consist of items such as power transformers, power circuit breakers, large synchronous motors and associated systems (excitation controllers, protective relaying, etc.) and low voltage pumping plant ancillary systems.
In this position you will guide CAP in identifying and implementing solutions to technical engineering problems while working to ensure that technical documentation is accurate, complete, and retrievable. You will be a member of multi-disciplined project teams focused on modernizing assets and maintaining reliable water deliveries to CAP customers. A few of the specific responsibilities include:
- Develop, assess and modify equipment maintenance plans based on analytical processes such as reliability centered maintenance, failure modes and effects, root cause failure analysis; and reliability and cost targets.
- Develop and manage asset condition assessment models that use predictive maintenance data to compute condition scores and grades for all major assets.
- Monitor and analyze key performance indicators and metrics relating to the maintenance program for improvement opportunities.
- Consult and communicate with CAP management to develop asset-based budgets and work plans.
- Provide engineering expertise and experience-based knowledge in support of CAP Maintenance, Engineering Resources and Project Management personnel.
About the Qualifications
For the Engineer position: five (5) years of applicable electrical engineering experience with a Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical Engineering or a closely related field; or three (3) years of engineering experience with a Master's in Electrical Engineering is required.
For the Senior Engineer position: eight (8) years of applicable electrical engineering experience with a Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or a closely related field; or six (6) years with a Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering. Must have at least one of the following:
- Certified Maintenance and Reliability Professional.
- Registered Professional Engineer
Individuals with utility, heavy industrial, or hydro-electric experience are encouraged to apply.
If you are a creative thinker looking for exciting challenges and work variety, at an amazing company, APPLY ONLINE TODAY www.cap-az.com/jobs! EOE
Your application has been successfully submitted.