The Doe Run Company
Viburnum, MO, USA
Are you looking to take the next step in your maintenance career? The Doe Run Company is searching for a Maintenance Superintendent to manage the planning and execution of maintenance activities for both stationary and mobile mine equipment and infrastructure and to minimize production interruptions at our Southeast Missouri Mining and Milling operations. This position is located near Viburnum, MO.
- Manage and coordinate activities between maintenance and production: Prioritize work, assure adequate personnel are on site and parts are available. Look for ways to improve maintenance projects.
- Project Management: Identify, organize and plan projects. Reduce set up time and control man power time.
- Supervision: Provide direction and support. Provide training for ongoing improvement. Coach and set goals.
- Budgets & Requisitions: Generate and provide input for annual maintenance budget. Track costs and maintain budget. Adjust budget to reflect actual costs. Review requisitions for parts, tools, supplies. Make sure items are needed before forwarding for approval.
- Vendor Management: Meet with vendors, Identify problems and use comparison metrics to talk with vendors about alternate remedies. Look for ways to maintain or increase efficiency.
- Special projects and meetings and other duties as assigned.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education & Experience:
- 5+ years hands on experience in industrial maintenance, maintenance engineering or operations maintenance management.
- Leadership experience preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical, Electrical, Civil or Chemical Engineering.
- Maintenance & Reliability Professional (CMRP) certification preferred
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- MS Office, Word, Excel, PowerPoint – Intermediate skills.
- Must be an effective communicator (verbal and written), able to offer technical expertise and guidance, building rapport with department team members and external departments.
- Continuous Improvement orientation, originating action to improve existing conditions and processes and identifying improvement opportunities. Able to generate ideas, and implement solutions.
- Capital project management skills and experience.
- Vendor management experience.
Work Environment & Physical Responsibilities:
- Regularly required to work underground and near moving mechanical parts.
- Occasionally exposed to outdoor weather conditions and wet, humid (non-weather) conditions.
- Regularly required to wear personal protective equipment, including but not limited to, fall protection, hart hat, self-rescuer, hearing protection, steel-toed boots, and eyewear.
- May be exposed to loud noise levels.
- Regularly required to sit, stand, and walk for extended periods of time, talk and hear.
- Occasionally required to use repetitive motion and reach with hands/arms.
- Requires clarity of vision and three-dimensional vision.
- Regularly required to lift up to 20 pounds. Rarely required to lift up to 50 pounds.
Headquartered in St. Louis, The Doe Run Company is a privately held natural resources company and one of the largest integrated lead producers in the Western Hemisphere. Dedicated to environmentally responsible mineral and metal production, Doe Run has facilities in Missouri, Washington and Arizona and operates one of the world's largest, single-site lead recycling facilities, located in Boss, MO. Using innovative mining techniques, Doe Run skillfully taps one of the largest lead deposits in the world.
As stewards of the mineral resources in our care, we strive to provide premium services and products to people who share our belief in enhancing the quality of life. You may view our sustainability report located at http://sustainability.doerun.com/.
All health and welfare benefits as well as 401K are effective on your start date! In addition, we offer tuition reimbursement to help you grow and develop within our organization with ample opportunities for advancement.
The Doe Run Company is an Affirmative Action and Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity in all areas, including but not necessarily limited to, recruitment, selection, training, education, compensation, benefits, promotion, job transfer, upgrading, separation and recall regardless of the individual's race, color, sex, age, religion, national origin, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, and/or other protected categories under all Federal, State, and local laws. For more information, please click on the following links: About the EEO law and EEO law supplement.
Your application has been successfully submitted.