Plant Maintenance Manager
Allendale, MI, USA
Leprino Foods’ history dates back over 65 years, when Jim Leprino first started making small batches of mozzarella for local markets and eateries in the Little Italy neighborhood of Denver. We’ve grown a bit since then. Today, Leprino is the largest manufacturer of mozzarella and lactose in the world, and a leading producer of whey protein. Still owned by Jim and the Leprino family, our sights are set to be the “World’s Best Dairy Food and Ingredient Company.” To help us achieve our daring vision, we’re looking for the secret ingredient: You. A motivated individual who is the best at what you do. Three people in a small corner grocery store in the early 1950s have now grown to over 4,300 employees throughout 16 global locations. Will you join us on our journey?
Within our Allendale, MI manufacturing facility, we are seeking a highly qualified Maintenance Manager on our Plant leadership team to continue moving our organization to even larger levels of food quality, reliability, and production efficiencies. We take pride in our vision to be "world's best", it's why we work harder, invest more, and continually innovate.
- Report directly to the Plant Engineering Manager as you champion the Plant’s Maintenance & Reliability programs, processes, and systems to ensure that plant performance exceeds company-wide expectations.
- Manages the maintenance function (multiple maintenance supervisors) for the plant to assure adequate cost-effective utilities and power are provided along with the quality and quantity of maintenance support required to meet production needs.
- This position prepares and monitors the department budget, directs the purchasing of spare parts and determines minimum inventory levels, initiates work orders, and reviews general plant equipment repairs.
- Participates in capital projects by aiding in the development of project scope, specifying controls and equipment to be used, directing installation efforts, and monitoring start-up, troubleshooting and maintenance training of new systems.
- Will you turn your passion into impact? At Leprino we are dedicated to producing high-quality products that help feed and nourish millions of families around the world. It's a big responsibility and we hope you're up for it.
- Accept a challenging environment where solving problems, continuous learning, and a high technical aptitude is the norm, not the exception. Take ownership of your career – it’s yours to grow if you’re willing to put the work in.
- Drive core people development processes within the Maintenance department, such as hiring and promoting for success, technical/functional training, leadership development, and performance management.
- Identify opportunities before they become a problem, focusing on root cause analysis and preventative action.
- Be humble, inquisitive, patient, collaborative, tenacious, and resilient - the DNA of a Leprino employee.
Offering You In Return:
- Real career stability, leadership experience, and an ever-learning environment in our state-of-the-art operations. You will play a leading part with the most technologically advanced dairy foods company in the nation. Our proprietary processing technologies are almost a decade ahead of even our closest competitors.
- The opportunity to join a company that will invest in you for the long-term. Leprino couldn’t be where it is today without our incredible workforce. That’s why we share in our success together by rewarding you for your hard work. Hiring people who are in it for the long run with Leprino is our ultimate goal. Through competitive salaries, healthcare benefits, tuition assistance, vacation, holiday, and sick time, matching 401(k), annual merit, incentives, and our annual Profit Sharing plan – Leprino hires to retire.
- A chance to reside in the greater Grand Rapids, MI area: a city of 1.3 million people (metro area), ten minutes from the splendor of Lake Michigan with its enchanting lighthouses, boating scene, festivals, restaurants, shopping, and wineries, as well as home to Grand Valley State University; Michigan’s fastest growing university with over 24,000 students.
You Have (Minimum Qualifications):
- Eight (8) years of total maintenance experience most recently operating as a Maintenance Manager, Maintenance Superintendent, or Senior Maintenance Supervisor in a large industrial facility.
- Extensive knowledge of equipment theory and history, electrical operations, advanced process controls, power generation, ammonia refrigeration, pneumatics, thermodynamics, welding, machining, food processing and sanitation, and maintenance scheduling.
You Also Have (Preferred Qualifications):
- A Bachelor’s degree in an Engineering, Industrial Maintenance, or related field.
- Dairy/Cheese 24/7 operation manufacturing experience
“The culture of Leprino Foods is built by a family of passionate employees who believe in what they do, who understand the value of teamwork and understand that no one person is greater than the other.” – Steve, Plant Manager
Leprino Foods Company utilizes the services of Psychemedics to perform our Hair Follicle Drug Testing. Additional information about this process can be obtained at www.psychemedics.com
Leprino Foods requires all individuals to wear the appropriate Personal Protection Equipment (PPE) as required by the role and location.
Your application has been successfully submitted.